“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”
― Steve Jobs
I started The Dent in August 2018 as an outlet to share some of my personal views, and thoughts on Apple, and the surrounding technology ecosystem.
My name is Andy and outside of my day job, I’m also a dad, a husband, a blogger, a podcaster and a keen ‘iPhoneographer’.
While The Dent has a focus on Apple, particularly iOS and iOS devices, this is also my personal blog so I’ll often stretch my proverbial legs, from time to time, and cover a multitude of other topics. Along with both short form and long form posts, I also share some of my photography here.
The Dent also has a companion podcast, which is a casual, short form podcast about Apple, and the surrounding ecosystem.
Each episode covers 1 - 2 tech topics, and is always under 15 minutes long. Feel free to dip in or out at your convenience. You can find the show on iTunes, in some of your favourite podcast apps, or directly via the RSS feed via the links below:
I have also been lucky enough to appear, as a guest, on the following podcasts:
- Episode 31 of the iPad Pros podcast, with Tim Chaten. This was great fun to record. I always embrace any opportunity to speak about my love of the iPad.
- Episode 30 of the Outpost Show with Daryl Baxter and friends. It was a pleasure to be part of Daryl’s special episode, all about the iPad Pro event that Apple held in New York City on 30th October 2018.
- I had a brief stint (about 8 episodes) as the co-host for the Pocket Sized Podcast.
- Episode 3 of And You Are? with Greg Morris. It was a privilege to appear early on into the life of Greg’s interview show and I had a great time chatting with him.
- Season 1, Episode 37 of The Outpost Show. After my brief appearance on the WWDC special episode of Daryl’s interview show it was very cool to be part of my own full episode. I’ve joined a very illustrious list for past guests, which is very humbling. Once again, it was a real blast.
- Season 2, Episode 6 of The Outpost Show Following on from my appearance in Season 1 of The Outpost Show, Daryl kindly had me back on for a longer stint this time, to discuss WWDC 2019. It was, once again, a great time chatting with Daryl about a really exciting event from Apple.
- Episode 54 of the iPad Pros podcast, with Tim Chaten. Tim kindly invited me back onto his podcast, to discuss my early thoughts and feelings of iPadOS after its introduction at WWDC 2019.
I appreciate you taking the time out to read the blog, and even finding your way to the About page. That’s dedication!
I hope you continue to enjoy the content I share here at The Dent.